Wednesday, October 19, 2011

5 Weeks

During this past week, MA has become more active. She is awake more during the day. I also think she then becomes more stimulated. Yesterday, she was playing and just started crying for no reason and I think it is because there was just too much going on around her. She quieted as soon as I picked her up.

Having a child is definitely most scary but rewarding thing that I have ever done. I look up things online constantly, like how to soothe baby gas and how much she should be eating. I worry that she is not eating enough, then I worry that she is eating too much. I worry she is sleeping too much and then I worry that she did not sleep enough. And then, when I am good and exhausted of worrying, I just look at her and she gives me this huge ear to ear smile - and it makes it all worth it.

I am learning that you cannot call the Dr. for everything. It is trial and error. We learned this week that if we do tummy time after we eat, that we push out a lot of gas. So, this has been helpful in the bellyaches. We also learned that if we put a contoured changing pad in the bassinet, that she does not flail around as much and sleeps more peaceful.

There is still a lot to learn... and there always will be. We need to learn how to conquer this stupid baby gas (I really hope MA reads this when she gets older!) and we need to learn how to get more rest throughout the time. With time, this will come. In the meantime, I need to stop and smell the roses. The time is going by way too quickly and if I don't remind myself of that, it will be March and I will be going back to work.

Already, these past 5 weeks feel like a huge blur.

MA, 5 weeks old

1 comment:

  1. This will be a cute thing to keep going and then when MA gets married you can print it all out and have someone read it out at the wedding. In the meantime, every day will be a learning curve as each day will bring new things as MA grows. Soon I will bbe there to be part of MA growing.. I cant wait. Mom x

    ReplyDelete