Monday, September 26, 2011

Two Weeks

It has been two weeks since MA came into this world. Two weeks ago, our lives changed for the better. Two weeks ago, our daily lives became consumed by another living creature. Two weeks ago, I could not imagine loving so much... but two weeks later, I would not change any moment of it.

I am excited to go to the Dr. on Wednesday, because I'm fairly certain MA needs to be either at or well beyond her birth weight. She is eating like a tank and feels heavier to hold. Her naps are becoming shorter and she is eating more. Last night, we had a great night. We woke up at 12:30pm, 4am, 7am and 9:30am to eat. She is able to fall asleep after eating. I do rock with her after she eats, or we walk around the house. Once she's asleep, MA will sleep soundly in the bassonet (most nights) until she is hungry again.

She has quite the personality at such a young age. I think this is the most shocking to me. She is smiling and making goofy faces. They are usually accompanied by a poop, but not always! She loves to cuddle and have "tummy time" on our chests. She picks her head up pretty far and holds it for awhile. She also has been rolling from her back to her side since we brought her home from the hospital.

I have a feeling that she is going to be a real handful - but I wouldn't have it any other way! She's a beautiful little girl, and I can't wait to see what the next two weeks, months, years bring. I just want it to go a little more slowly. Everyday seems to fly by!

MA, two weeks old today.

No comments:

Post a Comment