Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Weeks

MA has been working hard at grabbing for things this week. We started reading the "touch and feel" books and she was touching the fabric inside of them and laughing. She also fell in love with this stupid little worm that hangs above her swing. She is very excited now that she can hold him, so he pretty much goes with her! She seems to be getting much better control of her hands, which is good, because making her wear mittens in the nighttime is getting old!

She is also sitting up so much better in her Bumbo seat. She doesn't need anything around her to help her in it and really seems pretty steady in it. I wouldn't leave her in it and walk away by any means, but she doesn't need constant hands-on to enjoy it.

She also discovered that there are things (fish) on her mat that she does tummy time on so she tries to get them. I really think she has just blossomed this past week and is doing so much more. Maybe it's because she decided that she is a big girl and doesn't need naps anymore! We are lucky if we get a total of 2 hours a day in naps, and they are usually broken up into 30 minute cat naps. But, she is sleeping great at night, so I won't complain - as long as she doesn't get cranky!

We are enjoying the Christmas movies that have been on tv, since she has found a love for that! She also likes yelling at us and finding her voice. She "talks" up a storm! I can't believe she is going to be 3 months old soon! She's transformed from a newborn to a real, interactive baby! It's so funny. I am hoping she starts laughing soon - I can't wait for that!

MA, 11 Weeks Old

No comments:

Post a Comment